Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Plyometrics...

Okay, so today is "Plyometrics" day in the P90X workout regimen. "Plyometrics?" you ask. It's just a fancy word for "a program designed to show you how weak and out of shape you are". Holy Mother of Pearl! Now, I admit that I'm more out of shape now than I have ever been in my life. But I used to teach workouts like these as a profession less than a decade ago. Then two major back surgeries, a career move, and two more children rolled into the picture. Now, here I sit--covered in sweat and crying. Yup, tears definitely formed. Tony Horton (the instructor) calls it "the mother of all work outs" and says this "puts the 'X' in P90X." WONDERFUL. Well, at least he was honest.
I guess the one thing I am most thankful for is the fact that I get to do this torture in the privacy of my own home. No one around to see my not-so-amazing form after the 12th rep. No one nearby to hear me scream when Tony pushes me to 20. Well, I have two words for Mr. Tony... YOUR MOM!

So, I've completed my Day 2 and I'm ready to see results. I can definitely FEEL something different, so that's a good sign. I'll give it a little more time.

1 comment:

sherry said...

lol...YOUR MOM!! lololololololol!!!