Friday, September 25, 2009

"FBetiquette: A guide to FaceBook Etiquette"

I am dedicating this post to my new project. In this blog I will cover appropriate etiquette, the "what-to-do's" and "what-not-to do's " for this business/personal network we call Faceboook.
____________________________________________
C'mon, we've all been there. Catching up on the status of family and friends, business contacts and old high school friends. Scrolling down, taking it all in...then BAM!! The status of an acquaintance stating, "I have diarrhea today...it burns so bad!" Far more information than we EVER cared about learning from a person we barely know, who, now, has etched a vivid picture in our minds...forever. Don't get me wrong...I love Facebook and I love knowing every one's business ALL THE TIME, but do we, as Facebook friends really need to know everything about one another? Everything? Really? Shouldn't we leave the intimate, personal details for those with whom we are intimate? After all, if it's all out there for the (Facebook) world to see, then what's left to share in our more personal relationships? Just ponder...
____________________________________________
#1) Never, under any circumstance, put a cuss word in your Status message. I understand our status is all about how we "feel." I get that. I like expressing myself. I like letting everyone in on the craziness that is my brain...but no matter the RAGE, the emotion, the exasperation, it's just not necessary. Oh, and it makes you look like a fool, btw.
____________________________________________


No comments: